April 17th, 2007
Purple Rage, a UK distributor of software solutions for Windows, Linux and Mac OSX, announces the release of Peer Software’s Peer DRS. Peer DRS delivers centralised database backup and replication, with changes being transmitted to one or more remote locations. The initial release supports Microsoft SQL Server; future releases will support other database platforms (Microsoft® Exchange®, MSDE, MySQL, etc.).
Peer DRS is an application which provides a framework for automating the replication of databases and incremental changes from primary servers. Replicated data is then restored onto one or more target standby servers. Transaction logs are automatically backed up throughout the day which are then automatically restored on standby servers located anywhere in the world. Through continuous data protection Peer DRS is able to deliver the resilience companies need for their database applications, even in the most diverse environments. Peer DRS is highly configurable to meet the needs of almost any backup scenario.
Paul Marsala, CEO of Peer Software said, “Peer DRS was developed to meet an unaddressed need: centralising and simplifying the replication of an organisation’s databases, wherever they may reside. Peer DRS has a plug-in architecture allowing it to support different types of database backups from a single application. As with all our backup and synchronization tools, Peer DRS combines enterprise-grade functionality with ease-of-use. Once configured, it will manage all database replication routines with nominal administration.”
- Support for MS SQL Server 7.0 (limited support), MS SQL Server 2000 and MS SQL Server 2005.
- Perform up to the minute incremental backups and replicate them to one or more warm standby databases.
- Configure and manage all database backups and replication remotely from a central, client-based GUI.
- Replicate across a WAN via FTP, SFTP, SSH or a password protected Network Shared drive.
- Cross platform Java based application that can run on various operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.
- Able to use the standby server as a live read-only database.
- Send alert emails if connection to primary database cannot be established or if a backup or restore has not occurred within a configurable period of time threshold.
- Report on all replication activity in real-time from a single control panel allowing for easy identification of current errors or for peace of mind by knowing everything is operating smoothly
About Purple Rage Limited
Purple Rage was founded in 2005 by Rob Dixon and Jan Gregson. Purple Rage is a UK & European Distributor, formed to create a platform for a focused set of solutions to meet the requirements of company’s evermore demanding, diverse and heterogeneous environments. By working with strategic partners that promote and enhance multiple operating systems we are able to serve diverse business sectors. For further information: http://www.purplerage.com
About Peer Software Inc
Founded in 1993 by Paul Marsala, “Peer Software, Inc.’s mission is to offer utilities that centralize management of critical computer processes across your entire business enterprise”. Their goal is to promote data consistency, ensure against data loss, and facilitate software distribution, desktop monitoring, knowledge transfer, and a host of activities designed to sustain seamless business communications and improve operating efficiencies.