June 23rd, 2011
A first class software solution never rests on its laurels and the latest version of NovaBACKUP is surely destined for more awards and critical acclaim.
Available through Purple Rage Software, NovaBACKUP V12.1 makes it easy for businesses to follow data protection procedures.
This cost effective and super reliable package protects vital information round the clock thanks to straightforward operating processes and automated schedules.
So even if you’ve got one eye on the shopping or a night out and forget about backing up, it won’t.
In previous blogs, we’ve investigated how NovaBACKUP can help companies with a large number of office-based employees or delivery drivers who are constantly on the road.
But 12.1 appeals to anyone who wants to save money and have a system that gives IT staff more time to focus on everyday tasks. Training on the system is no nonsense and speedy too.
So what’s new about NovaBACKUP V12.1?
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 support;
- Flexible Application Restore;
- FastBIT 3, which dramatically reduces file backup times;
- Cloud Restore;
- Wizard for Restore on portable storage device;
- Multiple user logins for central management console (CMC) – different logins can be set up for different departments or levels of permission;
- A single CMC with multiple logins – allows managed service providers to give access to customers, employees and resellers.
Purple Rage Software would love to tell you how version 12.1 can take the worry out of backup and help your business run more efficiently and cost effectively. Call Jan Gregson or Rob Dixon on 01684 576343 or email email@example.com
June 13th, 2011
SEVERAL Peer products are already well established in the Purple Rage Software portfolio and now we’re delighted to welcome an equally impressive newcomer – PeerMigration.
Many companies have learned the hard – and expensive way – that the most challenging part of bringing a new storage system online is moving existing data from older systems onto new Windows storage servers, NAS (network-attached storage) or SAN (storage area network) solutions.
An independent survey discovered that more than 80 per cent of data migration projects run over time AND budget so before you sign on the dotted line it’s worth considering:
- Mapping – Will folder structures be laid out differently? How long will it take your staff to find the correct folder before they can actually start any work?
- Disruption – Will your employees be able to continue working while data is being migrated – or will they be down the pub? And how long will the process take?
- Validation – How can you ensure that all data and settings have transferred correctly?
- Security – Does your head of IT have the correct permission to migrate the data?
PeerMigration will answer all of your queries with a large green tick.
Here’s what it does very well:
- Centralised management and monitoring – IT administrators can effectively configure and monitor migration jobs between systems;
- Multi-platform support – Allows migration between Windows to Windows, Window to NetApp and NetApp to NetApp environments.
- Real-time event detection and mirroring – So your staff can keep working during the migration process. No excuses!
- Mapping configuration – Permits one-to-one mapping during migration;
- Emailed reporting and alerts plus detailed logging.
PeerMigration is available for one, three or six month projects. To find out more, call the software solution experts at Purple Rage. Jan Gregson or Rob Dixon can be contacted on 01684 576343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
June 1st, 2011
IMAGINE every member of staff having a laptop. Now throw the facts that there are 1,000 of them and they spend all day on the road into the mix.
These laptops are vital for processing orders, recording inventories and receiving updates from head office but every day they’re at risk from:
- Drivers accidentally damaging them and losing data;
- Lack of a comprehensive backup leaving lost data unrecoverable – bringing systems up to date causes overtime costs.
Here’s where Novastor’s NovaBACKUP Remote Workforce, available from Purple Rage Software, rides to the rescue.
This award-winning software solution, which has an easy-to-use central management console, can be installed and deployed in less than a week.
Backups of all 1,000 laptops can be monitored, managed and, if necessary, repeated from one central interface.
There’s no lengthy (and dull) training process either. Drivers will learn everything they need to know in a 30 minute webinar.
The administrator configures local backup jobs for all of the laptops including key inventory and order data that can change daily. This job can now be performed by the driver with a click of a mouse at the end of each shift so he can maintain daily backups on a local device just in case he needs to restore data quickly.
Let’s sum up the benefits of BACKUP:
- Critical information is protected offsite in the central storage repository;
- Backup jobs are configured and carefully monitored by trained IT staff;
- Employees can easily perform backups to any local device.
To find out how NovaBACKUP Remote Workforce would suit your company’s requirements, contact Jan Gregson or Rob Dixon at Purple Rage Software on 01684 576343 or email email@example.com