January 30th, 2012
THINK for a moment about the unwritten rules of your workplace.
Having milk in the fridge and choccy biscuits in the cupboard at all times and trying not to spend too long on Facebook and Twitter are probably up there, but does anyone give much, if any, consideration to effective license management?
Unused licenses deprive businesses of capital that would be welcome elsewhere and inadequate software licensing may lead to potentially damaging risks.
There is a simple solution. DeskCenter, distributed exclusively in the UK and Ireland by Purple Rage, has developed Software Asset Management (SAM) DNA – a powerful tool that allows companies to regulate existing and future software easily, quickly and correctly.
Recommended by Microsoft, DeskCenter SAM learns from your environment. Once installed and configured, it starts testing installed software and licenses that are relevant to your business, helping you fulfil the compliance requirements of software manufacturers and better access your risks.
The main benefits are:
- Central software asset management with integrated control and administration;
- Continual collection and administration of software inventory;
- Reduced legal risks from software resellers;
- Easy integration into existing workflows;
- Automatic transparency.
SAM DNA’s smart software inventory provides an overview of all installed software and associated licenses. It will also generate a compliance report.
Other invaluable features are:
- Application metering – this measures the use of the software and, in turn, its profitability. Unused software is detected in real time.
- Software lifecycle management – capture all of the software’s features throughout its life cycle for improved control and management.
For more details about how SAM DNA can benefit your business, call Jan or Rob at Purple Rage Software on 01684 576343 or email email@example.com