February 21st, 2012
Laptops – we love ‘em and can’t do without ‘em. They enable us to work from home, on the move and show presentations to potential clients on their own turf.
But, amazingly, our increasingly flexible friends are the least protected digital asset with industry surveys revealing that up to 60 per cent of corporate information is at risk.
Many backup options have tended to concentrate on the data centre and failed to keep pace with the challenges created by companies favouring laptops over desktops. Just think about how many more you see on the train or in a hotel lobby these days.
Traditional backup options throw up the following problems:
- How to handle the different connectivity states of a laptop user, for example, “on net” when in the office, “off net but connected remotely” when at home and “temporarily disconnected” when working on a flight;
- How to ensure efficient and secure data backup from anywhere in the world;
- How to centrally configure, deploy and monitor a backup solution in real time for a system that is continually mobile.
Scary reading, eh? Fear not as Purple Rage Software, whose mission is to find the perfect software solution for businesses of all shapes and sizes, can help.
Purple Rage distributes and resells high quality backup software, including PeerSync Laptop Backup.
This Peer-less product addresses all of the dilemmas above, enabling centralised configuration, deployment and monitoring of continuous data protection for laptops.
Here are some other plus points:
- Centralised monitoring console;
- Backup auto-start with intelligent “connection” check;
- Inadvertent file deletion protection;
- Bandwidth throttling;
- Real-time event detection and backup when connected.
Pricing starts at £587.50 including annual support and maintenance for a five user pack.
For more details, contact Jan or Rob at Purple Rage Software on 01684 576343 or email email@example.com