April 13th, 2012
ONE of the leading products in the Purple Rage Software portfolio – NovaBACKUP – has been treated to a fresh look for spring 2012.
Launched on Friday, April 13 – now that’s got to be a good omen! – version 13 offers the following brand new benefits:
- Full, incremental and differential image for speedy and efficient imaging;
- Universal restore for the recovery of entire systems to dissimilar hardware;
- Access to individual files and folders of images;
- Backup and restore of encrypted hard drives;
- Windows PE support – which guarantees a consistently updated boot environment for complete system recovery;
- Optimised for new markets with language support for Brazilian, traditional Chinese, Portuguese and Turkish.
Nova BACKUP version 13 is available in three variations – Professional protects single workstations, Server works happily with single file servers and Business Essentials guarantees advanced server protection. Simply call Purple Rage Software to find out which one suits your business, organisation or personal requirements best.
If the above list isn’t crammed with enough temptations, all three formats also include the following:
- Critically acclaimed 2-step wizard for ease of use;
- Plug and play support for all popular storage devices;
- Full cloud backup capabilities;
- Data encryption to ensure privacy;
- Point-in-time and bare metal restore;
- Open file backup;
- Virus scans and disaster recovery.
Contact Rob or Jan at Purple Rage Software on 01684 576343 or email email@example.com for more details about NovaBACKUP 13.
April 10th, 2012
IT seems that Peer Software updates are like buses, always turning up close together.
Hot on the heels of PeerLink version 2.1.3 comes PeerSync v8.6.6 and PSListener v8.6.6.
As with all of its updates, Peer has investigated reported issues and come up with solutions to help your business or organisation run more effectively.
Can they fix it? Yes they have. Here’s what you DON’T have to worry about anymore:
- Folders created in error during three systems collaborations when ACLs, RT detection of ACLs and the /LG1 arguments were all enabled;
- CRC checking options not working properly when using a TCP source or TCP target (this fix requires an update in PSListener);
- Large file addition followed by a quick rename resulting in both files being added and left on the target;
- Restarts failing when there were pending Managed Files.
Sounds good so far? Well, check out the new features:
- Added ability to use variables in the Variable Data Import and Job Data Import paths;
- Improved communication performance for FTP Source and Target Jobs to limit FTP connection failures and/or timeouts.
- Quicker processing time of Managed Files while limiting failed shadow copies or snap shots.
- Improved logic when initialising VSS on 64 bit systems to force the closure of the VSSServer.exe before taking a shadow copy.
These updates are free for Purple Rage Software customers on a maintenance contact. Call or email us to find out more.
April 5th, 2012
AS if spring isn’t full of enough treats like colourful tulips and chocolate eggs, our good friends at Peer Software have launched an update to its popular PeerLink product.
Version 2.1.3 comprises several changes to enhance existing features and the company has also addressed issues raised by users.
The list of improvements looks like this:
- Enhanced support for NetApp storage devices, including support for Alternate CIFS Share Mappings, better memory management for agents connecting to NetApp devices and assorted NetApp-related performance and stability enhancements;
- Better support for centrally managing agents from the PeerLink hub including the ability to remotely set communication and logging settings and to automatically restart an agent when running low on memory. The amount of memory assigned to a connected agent service can also be set remotely;
- The configuration process for conflict resolution has been simplified. New features added include the ability to truncate milliseconds from timestamp comparisons on two or more files and stronger deletion detection and handling during initial scans.
Sounds good so far? Well, as Jimmy Cricket would say, listen, there’s more…
- PeerLink v2.1.3 offers enhanced folder and file metadata scanning with better memory management and enhanced file filter expressions for excluding and including folders based on folder or path name;
- The product boasts the ability to globally specify non-collaborative file types, ensuring that these types are synchronised in a usable state without file locking functionality;
- It can also ignore real time events generated by one or more usernames for both Windows file servers and NetApp storage devices and detect and/or exclude files and folders that have names containing invalid characters.
This update is free for Purple Rage Software customers on a maintenance contact. Call or email us to find out more.