April 10th, 2012
IT seems that Peer Software updates are like buses, always turning up close together.
Hot on the heels of PeerLink version 2.1.3 comes PeerSync v8.6.6 and PSListener v8.6.6.
As with all of its updates, Peer has investigated reported issues and come up with solutions to help your business or organisation run more effectively.
Can they fix it? Yes they have. Here’s what you DON’T have to worry about anymore:
- Folders created in error during three systems collaborations when ACLs, RT detection of ACLs and the /LG1 arguments were all enabled;
- CRC checking options not working properly when using a TCP source or TCP target (this fix requires an update in PSListener);
- Large file addition followed by a quick rename resulting in both files being added and left on the target;
- Restarts failing when there were pending Managed Files.
Sounds good so far? Well, check out the new features:
- Added ability to use variables in the Variable Data Import and Job Data Import paths;
- Improved communication performance for FTP Source and Target Jobs to limit FTP connection failures and/or timeouts.
- Quicker processing time of Managed Files while limiting failed shadow copies or snap shots.
- Improved logic when initialising VSS on 64 bit systems to force the closure of the VSSServer.exe before taking a shadow copy.
These updates are free for Purple Rage Software customers on a maintenance contact. Call or email us to find out more.