July 23rd, 2012
OUR last Purple Prose blog extolled the virtues of DeskCenter Solutions’ SAM DNA module, which helps you to bring your software licenses under control quickly and easily.
This super package will spare your company from:
- Incorrect or inefficient licensing;
- Financial penalties due to license violations;
- Manual data collection which is prone to errors;
- Copyright violation;
- Needless caching of inventory data and double entries.
DeskCenter SAM DNA will make your license management more reliable, allowing you to face license audits without fear.
Another bonus is Application Metering, which measures actual software usage and enables you to find out which software is used rarely or not at all. The module also monitors software in terminal server environments.
Other useful features are:
- Software inventory – gives an overview of all installed software products that need a license and all license free ones. Software can be assigned to the relevant license certificates and compliance reports created. These results also facilitate migration planning. Products are classified into a clear structure which makes it easy to distinguish between different versions.
- Software lifecycle management – SAM DNA maps the whole lifecycle of software assets, allowing properties and attributes to be easily accessed at any time.
- Custom made detection – this clever module learns from its users. Report individual and undetected software anonymously by sending an XML file and, after a licensing check, your software can be integrated into the detection process.
Purple Rage Software are sole UK and Ireland distributors of DeskCenter Solutions.
For more information about how DeskCenter can help your business run effectively so contact us on 01684 576343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .