July 23rd, 2012
OUR last Purple Prose blog extolled the virtues of DeskCenter Solutions’ SAM DNA module, which helps you to bring your software licenses under control quickly and easily.
This super package will spare your company from:
- Incorrect or inefficient licensing;
- Financial penalties due to license violations;
- Manual data collection which is prone to errors;
- Copyright violation;
- Needless caching of inventory data and double entries.
DeskCenter SAM DNA will make your license management more reliable, allowing you to face license audits without fear.
Another bonus is Application Metering, which measures actual software usage and enables you to find out which software is used rarely or not at all. The module also monitors software in terminal server environments.
Other useful features are:
- Software inventory – gives an overview of all installed software products that need a license and all license free ones. Software can be assigned to the relevant license certificates and compliance reports created. These results also facilitate migration planning. Products are classified into a clear structure which makes it easy to distinguish between different versions.
- Software lifecycle management – SAM DNA maps the whole lifecycle of software assets, allowing properties and attributes to be easily accessed at any time.
- Custom made detection – this clever module learns from its users. Report individual and undetected software anonymously by sending an XML file and, after a licensing check, your software can be integrated into the detection process.
Purple Rage Software are sole UK and Ireland distributors of DeskCenter Solutions.
For more information about how DeskCenter can help your business run effectively so contact us on 01684 576343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
July 16th, 2012
WE’VE all got a tendency to hang on to items we don’t really need on the premise that ‘it might come in handy one day’.
The same logic applies to companies and software licenses, especially medium and large organisations who believe they have far more important things to worry about than collecting licenses like a child coveting football stickers.
Adopting such a willy-nilly approach to asset management is fraught with danger – and unnecessary costs. All unused software licenses cost money that could easily be better spent on something else.
Also, and watch out for the ‘l’ word, incorrect or incomplete licensing constitutes a significant legal risk which could spark claims from software manufacturers and the threat of financial penalties.
Sounds nasty, eh? Well, you can stop panicking because DeskCenter Solutions has the answer.
Its powerful SAM DNA module helps you to control your licenses quickly and easily, increases transparency and legal certainty, protects you from unknown risks and detects avoidable costs.
SAM’s key features include:
- One of the most precise and comprehensive detection databases worldwide – more than 800,000 products;
- Dynamic database maintenance by licensing experts ensures high quality detection;
- Integration in existing workflows;
- Inclusion of specific business software.
Next time in Purple Prose, we’ll explore SAM DNA’s core functions, including software lifestyle management and software and migration planning.
Purple Rage Software are sole UK and Ireland distributors of DeskCenter Solutions.
We’d love to tell you more about how DeskCenter products can help your business run effectively. Contact us on 01684 576343 or email email@example.com .
May 15th, 2012
A WORCESTERSHIRE company has linked up with one of the leading enterprise partners in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region to promote a major international software brand.
Purple Rage Software in Malvern, who are sole UK and Ireland distributors for Germany-based DeskCenter Solutions, has appointed ASM Technologies as its premier partner.
ASM Technologies contacted Purple Rage after seeing DeskCenter in action at CeBIT, the world’s largest trade fair showcasing digital IT and telecommunications solutions, in Hanover.
Sales and channels director Jan Gregson said: “We are delighted to be teaming up with ASM to spread the word about DeskCenter, which is aimed at companies in the public, private and financial sectors. Included in the portfolio is Management Suite, which enables administrators to manage and control IT infrastructure centrally from their workspace and is used by many high profile companies and organisations worldwide, including FIFA and Volkswagen.
“Efficient and reliable license management is more important than ever and should not be left to chance. All unused software licenses use important financial resources that could be used elsewhere and incorrect or incomplete licensing constitutes significant legal risk. DeskCenter faces that challenge and offers a powerful SAM DNA module that helps companies keep software licenses under control.
“One of DeskCenter’s other benefits is that it powers down PCs not in use. The PC Energy Report 2009 showed that only 56 per cent of employees in the UK switch off their PCs after work, which results in unnecessary costs and unwanted carbon dioxide emissions.”
Irvin Shillingford, software channel manager of ASM Technologies, said: “We are delighted to be building a relationship with DeskCenter, an emerging vendor.
“We look forward to this partnership with Purple Rage and creating many market opportunities, DeskCenter brings something different to the table by offering a comprehensive and unique solution in helping clients manage their physical and virtual desktops more cost effectively.”
Purple Rage Software is a privately owned company founded by sales director Jan Gregson and technical director Rob Dixon. Other major brands distributed or resold by the company include NovaStor, Peer Software and Likewise. For more details, visit www.purplerage.com or call 01684 576343.
Notes to editors
For more details, call Jan Gregson of Purple Rage Software on 01684 576343 or email Jan.Gregson@purplerage.com.
January 30th, 2012
THINK for a moment about the unwritten rules of your workplace.
Having milk in the fridge and choccy biscuits in the cupboard at all times and trying not to spend too long on Facebook and Twitter are probably up there, but does anyone give much, if any, consideration to effective license management?
Unused licenses deprive businesses of capital that would be welcome elsewhere and inadequate software licensing may lead to potentially damaging risks.
There is a simple solution. DeskCenter, distributed exclusively in the UK and Ireland by Purple Rage, has developed Software Asset Management (SAM) DNA – a powerful tool that allows companies to regulate existing and future software easily, quickly and correctly.
Recommended by Microsoft, DeskCenter SAM learns from your environment. Once installed and configured, it starts testing installed software and licenses that are relevant to your business, helping you fulfil the compliance requirements of software manufacturers and better access your risks.
The main benefits are:
- Central software asset management with integrated control and administration;
- Continual collection and administration of software inventory;
- Reduced legal risks from software resellers;
- Easy integration into existing workflows;
- Automatic transparency.
SAM DNA’s smart software inventory provides an overview of all installed software and associated licenses. It will also generate a compliance report.
Other invaluable features are:
- Application metering – this measures the use of the software and, in turn, its profitability. Unused software is detected in real time.
- Software lifecycle management – capture all of the software’s features throughout its life cycle for improved control and management.
For more details about how SAM DNA can benefit your business, call Jan or Rob at Purple Rage Software on 01684 576343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
January 23rd, 2012
MOST of us have heard of Volkswagen®, FIFA® and Honeywell® – all big fans of our flexible friend, The DeskCenter Management Suite.
Purple Rage Software is delighted to have been appointed sole UK and Eire distributor for German-based DeskCenter and, over the coming months, we’ll share more details about its amazing products.
The Management Suite kicks us off this week and the phrase ‘one database, unlimited possibilities’ suits it perfectly.
With the ability to grow to meet your company’s needs, the Suite includes all functions from the beginning and modules can be added at any time just by changing the license key.
Everything is available from one console, with a consistent user interface and structure. You can manage hardware, licenses, users and workstations and be able to install, detect, monitor and evaluate every system in your IT environment.
Here are the major plus points:
- Deals with all administrative tasks;
- Controls complex IT structures;
- Manages workflows;
- All processes managed by one database;
- Can open interfaces to other systems;
- Easy to understand.
Still need convincing? Well, there’s no end to the Suite’s talents…
- OS deployment – install complete operating systems fully automated;
- Software deployment – supply any number of users, groups or departments with the software they need;
- Software packaging – complete and edit packages yourself;
- Real time system management – use all commands that can be run on a workstation, remotely and in real time;
- Inventory – all hard and software asset data is gathered and automatically stored in the open database;
- Asset management – manage all parts of a workplace, including screens, PC, phones or even office furniture;
- File and contract repository – files, documents and contracts are readily available.
We’d love to tell you so much more about how DeskCenter Management Suite can help your business run effectively – and save on spiralling energy costs as it powers down PCs not in use.
Call Jan or Rob on 01684 576343 or email email@example.com