Centralised backup solution for businesses with remote employees
Do you have remote employees and satellite offices? If so, how do you plan to insure that all critical data from all sources is protected and managed? NovaBackup Remote Workforce makes this challenge easy. With centralized control, all members of your team can rest assured that their data is safe and administrators have the convenience, comfort, and simplicity of a single point managed system. NovaBackup Remote Workforce offers a solution that protects your data securely in your headquarters - independent of your employees' location.
What is NovaBackup Remote Workforce?Remote Workforce is a fully functional turn key client and server pair package to connect any computer in your organization to a central server. Backups are scheduled via the local machine’s user interface. Each individual machine can be set to backup on any schedule, with any set of files selected and managed.
Central Management Console : Fully control your end user employees data and backups with the new Central Management Console (CMC). NovaBackup’s CMC allows remote login to the client software. From there: select, manage, and schedule automatic processes of backup. Give your remote users one less thing to worry about… let them focus on their work instead.
How does it work/How do I use it? : The package comes with storage software that installs on a Windows Servers equipped with a SQL database. This machine becomes the host for any online backups you point there. Then the user “client” software is installed on the machines that need to be backed up. Those machines now can connect over the internet to your server. You are now receiving safe, secure, and reliable backup and peace of mind!
Features and benefits
- 5 and 10 User Starter Packages Available – Connect up to 10 computers (servers or workstations) to your Server over the internet.
- Protect your critical data no matter where it resides (80% of data resides on desktops and PCs not being backed up).
- Increased productivity - Remove data protection responsibility from employees so they can focus on their job.
- Provide end users with the power to immediately recover lost data without calling support.
- Restore files to any place on any computer with Web Based Restore feature.
- Centrally control end user backups from any browser with Central Management Console (CMC).
- Pre-select files and schedule all backups to run automatically.
- Best Value Professional grade solution for a minimal investment per computer.
- Tamper Proof Client - Set end user limitations and data quotas.
- Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Exchange open file support built-in.
- Includes support for up to a 3,000.00 value.
- Lightning fast incremental backup process.
- Award winning client interface makes it easy for each user to control his/her backup if needed
- Schedule all the backups to run automatically and receive full peace of mind that data is being saved off site.
- Small Businesses - place a storage server off site for disaster protection – send the data to a second location or even your home (no more carrying tapes back and forth)
- Installation and other support packages available
Local backup features
- Automatic processes and notification
- Mapped Drive Recognition
- Device Spanning
- Virus Scanning
- Data Encryption
- Open File Backup Support
- Tape Backup Support
- Blu-Ray and Removable Media Support
- Fast Bit Technology
- Much More
Windows 2003 Standard/Enterprise SP2, Windows 2008 Server Standard/Enterprise (32/64 Bit), Windows 2008 Server R2, Windows 2012 Server
Windows Vista (32/64 Bit) Home Basic/Home/Premium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP1, Windows XP Home/Professional SP3, Windows 2003 Standard/Web/Enterprise/SBS SP2, Windows 2008 Server (32/64 Bit), Windows 2008 Server R2, Windows 7 (32/64 Bit), Windows 8
SQL 2005 SP2, SQL 2008 and SQL Express
Exchange 2003 und Exchange 2007 on Windows 2003 SP2 and Windows 2008
Pentium 4 CPU or higher, minimum 1024 MB RAM, 8 GB free hard drive space minimum, more than two independent drives, additional space for Client data storage, etc., Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher versions, TCP/IP network, NET 2.0 Framework connection to Microsoft SQL 2005 SP2, SQL 2008, MySQL 5.1 with Connector/ODBC 5.1
Pentium III CPU or higher, minimum 512 MB RAM, 1.5 GB hard drive space plus storage for backups, etc., Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher, TCP/IP network, additional hard drive space is required for backup to disc and CD/DVD Storage device for local backup: CD-R/W, DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W, Blu-Ray Dual Layer, external hard drives, USB 1.1 / 2.2, Network storage (SAN, NAS, etc.), FireWire, tape, PC Card (PCMCIA) For Image DR: Bootable CD/DVD recorder and CD/DVD media and Windows XP, 2003, 2008 or Vista