Businesses today face increasing challenges when it comes to configuring and deploying new PCs in a distributed, corporate environment. IT staff look for solutions that can quickly and efficiently deploy new systems that comply with established policies and can be managed from a central location under an environment where budgets are tight but service level improvements are expected. Having a deployment solution in place that enables businesses to create a number of standardized configurations can save costs.
Acronis Snap Deploy is a comprehensive deployment solution that enables organisations to deploy new PCs and servers quickly and easily. Using disk-imaging technology that creates an image of an entire hard disk drive, including the operating system and all applications. It is ideal for rapid bare-metal installations of PCs and servers.
Deployment in just a few steps:
- Create a standard configuration image, including the operating system, applications, and other settings.
- Create a bootable media diskette or CD, an ISO image, or RIS boot package or configure a Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) with Acronis Snap Deploy agents.
- Boot the bare system you want to deploy with the bootable media, or PXE, enabling the bare systems to connect to the main deployment server.
- Deployment server begins transfer of the standard configuration to the bare system. Systems are deployed when the transferred image is applied to the target system and the system is booted for the first time. No installation of the operating system or applications is required – the image contains everything the system needs to run.
- Using the additional option Acronis Universal Deploy the target system hardware is adapted.
Features and Benefits
Acronis Universal Deploy -
Ensures that your new systems will boot by allowing you to add drivers and create templates for specific hardware.
New Media Builder - Facilitates deployment by providing more options for creating bootable media. You can create ISOs, RIS2 packages, and place multiple configurations on one CD.
Customisable Deployment Options - Maximise the performance of new machines by allowing partitions to be resized. Ensure that machines are properly deployed by providing options to reboot or shutdown after the master image is applied.
Enhanced PXE Server - More easily create a PXE by specifying default configurations and timeout parameters for rebooting new systems.
Support for Pre-installation Environments (WinPE/BartPE) - Automatic deployment via command line and script execution under WinPE and BartPE.
Disk Imaging Deployment - Fast deployment of new systems because the product enables users to create an image of a system that includes the operating system and applications.
Pre-deployment Utilities - Easily configure system settings such as network settings, domain/workgroup settings, computer name, user name, and Security Identifier (SID), by applying them to an image before deployment.
Scheduled Deployment - Increases the flexibility and productivity of the deployment plan using scheduled deployment.
Multicasting - Minimises deployment time by sending image simultaneously to multiple machines.
Wake-on-LAN - Remote boot of workstation.
Improved Security - MAC filter, passwords, and encrypted communication using SSL ensure that data is kept confidential.
Standalone Image Deployment - Deployment of the local system without network connection by selection of a preconfigured deployment task.
Custom Deployment - Users are able to re-deploy their computers with one click on the boot menu
Event-driven Deployment - Deployment can be run when the predefined number of computers is ready or after a timeout.